Friday, August 15, 2014

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Let Love Grow Card with Watercolor

Hello everyone!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and I have a beautiful watercolor card to share with you.  Watercolor is so popular right now and the wonderful thing about it is that you don't have to be an expert to do it and it takes just a little bit of practice.  Watercolor is so free flowing and if your colors happen to go out of the lines a little that's ok, it still looks beautiful.  It's also a lot easier then most people think so if you have been wanting to try watercolor but just haven't done it yet I encourage you to give it a try.


Here is the card that I designed.  I stamped the rose image from  JustRite® Papercraft CR-02112 Hope and Love Vintage Labels 8 and 9 Clear Stamps using VersaMark Watermark Ink on to the Ranger Watercolor Paper.  Then I heat embossed using  Stampendous Super Fine Embossing Powder - Detail White and a heat tool.  To create my watercolors I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Worn LipstickWild Honey, Peeled PaintPine Needles, Broken ChinaVintage Photo.  Press the ink pads on to a craft mat.  If you don't have a craft mat you could use a variety of things such as--a foam plate, a regular plate (the ink will was off), wax paper, and freezer paper.


When the image is heat embossed the embossing will help to hold the watercolor in place for you.  So if you are new to watercoloring you might like this technique and feel a little more comfortable with it.  I started coloring the rose first, coloring one petal at a time.  I wet the paper first with water and only wet the area I was painting.  Wetting the paper will allow the watercolor to flow more freely.  For the rose I used Worn Lipstick and Wild Honey.  One the leaves I used  Peeled Paint andPine Needles.  For the background color I used Broken China and Vintage Photo--starting with the Broken China first.  You can also use a heat tool to set and dry your watercolor in between the layers of color.


After all the watercolor was done I still wanted to add some interest to the background of the paper and I was also trying to match it up to the patter paper I used on the card.  I used the CL-04355 French Rose Background Cling Stamp from  JustRite® Papercraft and I inked up only the text area on the stamp with Momento Espresso Truffle ink.  Then I stamped once on some scratch paper and then stamped again on the watercolor paper.  Doing this gave me the lighter color of ink.  I randomly stamped the text a few times on the background.


I used S4-422 Majestic Squares die template from  Spellbinders Paper Arts® to cut the decorative shape.  Then I inked the outer edge with Momento Espresso Truffle.


Here is a close up of the watercolored image.


To finish off the card I used some beautiful paper from the Prima-Something Blue 6 x 6 Paper PadPetaloo Botanica Minis Collection Coral and TealMint Green May Arts Silk Ribbon to create a pretty bow.  

I hope you enjoyed the card today as much as I enjoyed creating it and I really hope you will give watercoloring a try.  :)  As always you can click on all the photos to enlarge them and all of the supplies are listed below with links.

Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite® Papercraft CR-02112 Hope and Love Vintage Labels 8 and 9 Clear Stamps, CL-04355 French Rose Background Cling Stamp
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor Paper - 8.5 x 11, Prima-Something Blue 6 x 6 Paper Pad-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, Cardstock-White, Kraft
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, Broken China, Vintage Photo; VersaMark Watermark Ink-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Momento Espresso Truffle
Dies:  Spellbinders Paper Arts® S4-422 Majestic Squares
NOTE:  You can also find Spellbinders® products at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
Ribbon:  May Arts Silk Ribbon New Colors-Teal, Mint Green-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
Accessories:  Stampendous Super Fine Embossing Powder - Detail White, Petaloo Botanica Minis Collection Coral-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® 3D Foam SquaresEZ Runner® Permanent Strips-Refillable Dispenser 49'
NOTE:  You can also find Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® products at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store



5 comments:

  1. OH Heidi, this is just stunning! Gorgeous image and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card and your color choices are beautiful! I will put this on my list of things to experiment. Your explanation and use of mediums are so detailed and helpful. TFS your creativity and expertise!

    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Heidi!!!! Love your color combo too!
    TFS
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heidi! I love the colors of this card! I, too, have been playing around with watercoloring with some good results and some not so good results. Yours turned out great. The background of your rose has me a little stumped how you did it but I will keep reading your instructions maybe a bell will go off! Thanks for sharing this card with us! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...