Thursday, July 30, 2015

ButterBeeScraps - Happy Birthday Card & Bonjour Card

Hello blogging friends!  Today, I have a couple of quick and easy cards to share with you.  I used several metal bits and pieces from ButterBeeScraps to embellish both of the cards.


The first card I designed is a birthday card.  The base of the card is white cardstock.  I used an embossing folder from We R Memory Keepers to emboss the doily pattern.  Then I lightly went over the embossed area with a white pigment ink pad to make the embossing pop.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from JustRite Papercraft in the upper corner.  Then I added some baby pink seam binding and created a bow.  To embellish the card I added the BRONZE METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#020-B) to create a border right above the seam binding.  Then I made a beaded dangle using  BRONZE BALL END HEAD PINSBRONZE FILIGREE BEAD CAPS (#CAP827-B)6X8MM CLEAR FACETED GLASS ABACUS BEADS,  BRONZE FILIGREE BEAD CAPS (#CAP052-B)CLEAR RHINESTONE AND BRONZE RONDELLE SPACER BEADS – 6MM (#BD006-B/CL), and a 4 mm clear bicone bead from my stash.  I used a Black Safety Pin to attach the beaded dangle to the bow.


Here is a close up of the metal filigree and the beaded dangle.



Here is the second card that I designed.  I just love how this card turned out and the simplicity of it!  The base of the card is Kraft cardstock.  Then I used an embossing folder from Sizzix to emboss the top of the card front.  I lightly went over the embossed area with Antique Linen ink.  Down on the bottom portion of the card I stamped a flourish, the Eiffel Tower, and the sentiment.  I inked the outer edges of the card with Antique Linen ink.  To embellish the card I added a BRONZE METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#683-B) and SMALL GLASS CLOCK CABOCHONS W/ BRONZE SETTINGS to the top of the card.  Then I added SS20 LIGHT COLORADO TOPAZ FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONESSS16 LIGHT COLORADO TOPAZ FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONESSS12 LIGHT COLORADO TOPAZ FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONES for a little touch of bling.


Here is a close up of the metal filigree with the cabochon and the rhinestones.  I used the cabochon with the Eiffel Tower for a perfect match to the stamped image.


I hope you enjoyed the cards I shared today.  Adding just a little bit of metal to embellish the cards is so easy to do and it really gives a nice finishing touch.

Don't forget to check out ButterBeeScraps
for all of your metal embellishments, filigree, beads and jewelry findings.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
ButterBeeScraps:
Happy Birthday Card
BRONZE METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#020-B), Black Safety Pin, BRONZE BALL END HEAD PINSBRONZE FILIGREE BEAD CAPS (#CAP827-B), 6X8MM CLEAR FACETED GLASS ABACUS BEADS,  BRONZE FILIGREE BEAD CAPS (#CAP052-B)CLEAR RHINESTONE AND BRONZE RONDELLE SPACER BEADS – 6MM (#BD006-B/CL)

Bonjour Card
BRONZE METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#683-B)SMALL GLASS CLOCK CABOCHONS W/ BRONZE SETTINGSSS20 LIGHT COLORADO TOPAZ FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONESSS16 LIGHT COLORADO TOPAZ FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONESSS12 LIGHT COLORADO TOPAZ FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONES

Other Supplies Used:
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft
Paper:  White, Kraft
Ink:  Rich Cocoa, Antique Linen, White Pigment
Embossing Folders:   We R Memory Keepers, Sizzix
Accessories:  White Pearls, Baby Pink Seam Binding, Clear 4mm Bicone Bead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...