Friday, September 25, 2015

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Warm Wishes Autumn Card - Watercolor with Distress Inks

Hello blogging friends!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I have a beautiful Autumn watercolor card to share with you using an emboss resist technique and Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I also have a couple of step-by-step photos so you can see the process.


Here is the card I designed using A2 Garden View Background and Extra Grand Holiday Sentiments stamp sets from JustRite Papercraft.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to create the beautiful colors for the background.  This card is one that could very easily be replicated several times over.


To start  I stamped the A2 Garden View Background on to  Ranger Watercolor Paper.
I heat embossed the background using Lightening Black Brilliance Pigment Ink with Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder - Clear.  Then I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Worn LipstickWild HoneyPeeled Paint, Gathered Twigs to create the watercolors.  Here you can see in the photo I added the ink to the (pink) craft mat and then added water to activate the inks.  Then I took a clean brush (this isn't shown in the photo) and applied water to the entire piece of  Ranger Watercolor Paper.  Then I started to add the color.  I started at the top of the paper adding Worn Lipstick and then Wild Honey.  I was adding the color at an angle.  Then I added Peeled Paint and Gathered Twigs.  I was blending a little in between the colors.  After I had the watercolor in the area I wanted then I used a heat tool to dry the paper.  I went in again and added a second layer of colors, blending in between.  Adding the layers of color will add depth to the background.  Then I heat set the paper again.  In the bottom corner I purposely over heated the embossed area an it gives it a mottled look which I will show a close up of in another picture.  


After the paper was dry then I added water droplets.  Let the water sit on the paper for a few seconds and then blot with a paper towel.  You can do as many layers of the water droplets as you would like.  I think on this card I did three layers.  Be sure to heat set your paper in between so the paper is dry each time you add more water.


Here you can see what the paper looks like when the water droplets are removed.  Pretty cool effect!


Earlier I mentioned over heating the embossing to create a mottled effect and here is a close up.  I think this kind of neat and it gives it a different look and feel.


To finish off the card I added the sentiment and heat embossed it.  I also stamped the word warm on to ivory cardstock and fussy cut a little flag.  Then I added a couple of Petaloo Botanica Sugared Minis - Burgundy flowers.

I hope you enjoy today's card and tutorial.
Thank you so much for stopping by!

Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft A2 Garden View BackgroundExtra Grand Holiday Sentiments
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor Paper, Cardstock - Black, Ivory
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Gathered Twigs; StazOn - Jet Black, Brilliance Pigments Inks - Graphite Black, Lightening Black
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder - Clear, Petaloo Botanica Sugared Minis - Burgundy, 3D Foam Squares, Scor-Tape, Heat Tool, Paint Brush (Round 16)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! So rich and beautiful! You ALWAYS inspire me Heidi! Hope you're doing well! I can see you are busy as usual ... lol! Thanks for fabulous inspiration and HAPPY FALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty card! I really love the background. Thanks so much for showing how you did it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...