Friday, November 13, 2015

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Merry & Bright CAS Christmas Card

Hello blogging friends!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I have another CAS (Clean And Simple) Christmas card to share with you.  Over on the Stamp Simply Blog we are celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas with CAS cards.  If you are looking for inspiration to create some CAS cards then be sure to hop on over to the Stamp Simply Blog and check it out!  There are so many beautiful cards from the design team.


For my card I used some of the Wild Rose Studio - Painted Poinsettia paper.  This paper is so pretty and has some beautiful images on it.  I love this image of the little bird with the holly, berries and flowers.  Originally this card was going to be an A2 size.  But it was my first time working with the Elizabeth Craft Designs 953 Tags & More 3 - Leaves die (which by the way I love!) and the tag was a little larger than I thought it would be.  I had already cut the pattern paper to fit and A2 size card.  So this is what I did to resolve this and have a 5.5 x 5.5 card--I cut a 5.25 x 5.25 piece of white cardstock so I would have a base to add the papers to.  Then I cut another small strip of the pattern paper and added a strip of the Bazzill - Gold Mirror Cardstock along the side to fill in the space and then I had card front to fit the 5.5 x 5.5 card base.


The Elizabeth Craft Designs 953 Tags & More 3 - Leaves die is a pretty neat die set and allows you to be able to customize your tag.  You can make the tag different sizes and embellish it in different ways using all of the different die included in the set.  To create my tag I used the leaf die for the top part of the tag.  I saved the leaf drop out pieces to use as well.  Then I die cut some small flowers.  I added a little Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn to the center of the flowers to try and make them look like the flowers in the pattern paper.  I also added a Melissa Frances White Pearls to the center of each flower.  I used JustRite Papercraft CR-02176 Christmas Handwriten Sentiments along with  Memento - Rich Cocoa to stamp the sentiment and add the little berry sprigs.  I used just a little Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn to add a little color and then a Copic Marker - R85 Rose Red for the berries.


To finish off the tag I added May Arts Rose Silk Ribbon with a bow and then I also used some Therm-O-Web 3D Squares on the tag for some dimension.


Thank you so much for stopping by!

Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi




Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-02176 Christmas Handwriten Sentiments
Paper:  Wild Rose Studio - Painted Poinsettia, Bazzill - Gold Mirror Cardstock, Cardstock - White, Rose Pink
Ink:  Memento - Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn, Copic Marker - R85 Rose Red
Dies: Elizabeth Craft Designs 953 Tags & More 3 - Leaves
Ribbon:  May Arts Rose Silk Ribbon
Accessories:  Melissa Frances White Pearls, Therm-O-Web 3D Squares, Scor-Tape

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS. It gives an elegant yet warm ambiance...not an easy combination to achieve! Thank you for coming up with it and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this card. the paper is so unique and the way you made matching flowers is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...