Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Warm Wishes CAS Christmas Card and Tis The Season Christmas Card - Tonic Studios

Hello everyone!  Now that Halloween has passed and Thanksgiving will be here in just a couple of weeks I am in full swing for making Christmas cards, ornaments and presents.  I have a sale coming up November 28th (more information to come) so I have been busy designing a lot of jewelry too.  I am so excited to be a Guest Blogger for Tonic Studios today!  I have a couple of Christmas cards to share with you.  One of the cards is pretty CAS (Clean And Simple) and the other card has a lot of sparkle and detail.


Lets start with the CAS card first.  To create this card I started with a piece of white cardstock cut to 3-1/2 x 5.  Then lay the die template across the top (5 in side), tape in place and die cut.   I used 598E Header Fold Die Set Christmas Wishes from Tonic Studios.  After die cutting trim down sides to fit card and adhere to a light blue mat.  I stamped the Winter Wishes sentiment from Simon Says Stamps Hand Lettered Winter Wishes stamp set with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine Detailed Gold Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool.  Next I added a layering mat with pink cardstock.  I used 422E Funky Tape Runner and 419E Craft Tacky Glue 120ml to adhere all the layers.


Save the drop out pieces to add stars and snowflakes to the top (sky part) of the card.  I used 419E Craft Tacky Glue 120ml to adhere all the tiny pieces.  Then I added Nuvo Crystal Drops - 660N Wedgewood Blue to the stars and snowflakes and 666N Gloss Carnation Pink on the tree to look like little lights or ornaments.


To finish off the card I added some May Arts Sheer Gold Sparkle ribbon and adhered everything to a light blue A2 card.


My second card is a lot more detailed, full of sparkle and I am using black for a non-traditional color.  I have to tell you I absolutely love the frame die cut on this card!  I used 641E Christmas Wreath Die Set 'Tis The Season from Tonic Studios.  Now I know this die set is in the Christmas collection but you could really use the frame die template year round.  I love all the flourishes.  To start I die cut the white frame using the 641E Christmas Wreath Die Set 'Tis The Season.  I added 3D Foam squares to the back of the frame to pop it up and add a little dimension.  I added the frame die cut to a black 5.5 x 5.5 card.  Then I applied 422E Funky Tape Runner to the white drop out piece and added it to the center of the frame.  


Next I die cut the Tis The Season sentiment using Gold Mirror cardstock.  Here is a **TIP** Gold foil or gold mirror paper will show any little imperfections like the cut lines in the mats used for die cutting. To avoid this lay down a scrap piece of paper on your mat and then add gold foil or mirror paper and die on top--results--no imperfections.  I used 419E Craft Tacky Glue 120ml to adhere the sentiment.  I really like the detailed tip on the glue bottle--it has such a tiny hole and it is fantastic for gluing the detailed die cuts.


To create the poinsettias I used 80E Rococo Poinsettia Strip Die from Tonic Studios.  I die cut the poinsettias three times--once with green cardstock and twice with red cardstock.  On both red die cuts fussy cut out the flowers.  On the green die cut use the Nuvo 203 Glue Pen Medium to quickly go over the leaf and vine areas and then I added Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter 701N Green.  Then I used the Nuvo 203 Glue Pen Medium on the red poinsettias and then add Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter 700N Ruby Red.  Tap off excess glitter and use 419E Craft Tacky Glue 120ml to adhere the red poinsettia pieces on top of the green poinsettia die cut piece.  Use 3D foam squares on the flowers to add some dimension to the card.  To finish off the poinsettias I added Nuvo Crystal Drops 653N Bright Gold to the flower centers.


I also added some Nuvo Crystal Drops 653N Bright Gold to a couple of the corners on the card.

I hope you enjoyed both of the cards I shared today.  I am loving the Christmas die collection from Tonic Studios!  

Did you know that Tonic Studios US now has a blog and website?  If you haven't already been over there you can click HERE to check it out.  While you are there take a look around.  They have a beautiful collection of dies, a variety of tool and some fabulous new Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter and Nuvo Crystal Drops.  

Tonic Studios also announced last week they are having a 
TONIC US AMBASSADOR DESIGNER CALL!  
You can click HERE for all of the information.

Would you love to win some fabulous crafty goodies from Tonic Studios USA? During this season of gratitude and Thanksgiving Tonic Studios will be having some amazing giveaways.  
You can click HERE to visit the Tonic Studios USA Facebook Page and find out the details on how you could win!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a beautiful day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Warm Wishes Card
Tonic Dies:  Tonic Studios - 598E Header Fold Die Set Christmas Wishes
Tonic Accessories:  Nuvo Crystal Drops - 660N Wedgewood Blue666N Gloss Carnation Pink422E Funky Tape Runner419E Craft Tacky Glue 120ml
Paper:  Cardstock - White, Lt. Blue, Pink
Stamps:  Simon Says Stamps Hand Lettered Winter Wishes
Ink:  Versa Mark
Ribbon:  May Arts Sheer Gold Sparkle
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Detailed Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Tis The Season Card
Tonic Dies:  Tonic Studios641E Christmas Wreath Die Set 'Tis The Season , 80E Rococo Poinsettia Strip Die
Tonic Accessories:  Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter - 700N Ruby Red, 701N Green, Nuvo Crystal Drops - 653N Bright Gold, Nuvo 203 Glue Pen Medium, 422E Funky Tape Runner, 419E Craft Tacky Glue 120ml
Paper:   Cardstock - Gold Mirror, Black, White, Green, Red,
Accessories:  3D Foam Squares


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...